Thursday, September 15, 2011

How to remove the starter on my Hyundai?

2001 Hyundai Accent GL, 5 speed manual. I'm changing the starter. I've removed the air intake and main hose leading to the engine. I need to know the easiest way to remove the starter motor. It seems the clutch mechanism is in the way of me and the starter. Is it easier to jack up the car and go from the bottom? I'm going in from the top, right side. I'd rather not remove the clutch mechanism/frame support. Any suggestions?
How to remove the starter on my Hyundai?
The easiest way is from the top. It does require some upper-body flexibility because it is tight in there. You shouldn't have to remove the clutch mechanism.



1. Disconnect the battery.

2. Remove the air box and air intake hose.

3. Unplug the solenoid terminal from the starter.

4. Remove the battery cable from the starter (12mm nut).

5. Remove the two 14mm bolts holding the starter to the transmission.

6. Remove the starter through the space you've created by removing the air box.

7. Install the new starter by reversing the procedure.
How to remove the starter on my Hyundai?
I just made a post about Hyundai

go to net ask %26quot;E how%26quot; they may show you

or type ?? in ask .com

e how I believe explained how to put timing belt etc. to get to that belt on mine boxes are removed and water pump was in there etc.

I will never buy a hyundai again..............my brother in law owned there sports car version tribion I believe he said 2000 with in 3 yrs He said he was sorry too. the cheap comes out after 60 k miles.........